Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

AURESIA’S WORLD TOUR 2012: HER JOURNAL FROM THE AMERICAS








Greetings Friends and family old and new!
I hope this communications finds you well! I have been meaning to write sooner, but have been moving very fast on this South American Continent. It´s a lot bigger than the map implies!
What a trip it´s has been!
First in Peru, landed in Lima January 11th and had the amazing opportunity to share the stage with Pochi Marambio y Tierra Sur at the lovely EL DRAGON en EL SUR venue! wow! what a packed full house! and 2 floors! The band was very welcoming and felt like family instantly during our rehearsal run thru before the show at sound check! ...Sunflowers bopping from the audience: Pochi´s and Tierra Sur´s signature beauty.
Then we made our way up the northern coast of Peru! ; with lovely Leslie Lindballe (ONEPERCENTYELLOW) skanking on Ukulele and harmonizing sweet backing vocals at shows in Trullijo and Mancora! Truly been a pleasure and more than fun!
Towards the end of January I ventured alone up to Ecuador and spent a lovely 24 hours chilling with the Casa Rasta crew and talking upon some pretty views from this cool mountainous town.. jamming thru the night before I caught myself a flight to Medellin, Colombia!
So much mystery around Colombia. I was misinformed- I’ll tell you that! Despite knifing and kidnapping horror stories, Colombians have proven to be one of the warmest people I have met! With open arms and hearts I was welcomed into the reggae community where I performed with Positive Vibration band and Street Lion in Medellin, had amazing interviews with Artical and RebelMUSIK ( LINK) and got to live and perform with  irie Javier Fonseca (Alerta Kamarada) (Bogota) who had been more than hospitable to me and welcoming to the Colombian Reggae Scene!  There I chilled for a week made a cauldron of lentil  soup and dank hot chocolate from pure Colombian chocolate ( hmmm) daily! Spent way too little time in Cartagena and missed out on Barranquilla and Santa Marta small taste of  lovely Afro Colombian Roots culture and the  most beautiful white Caribe beaches lie along the northern coast. Colombian adventure ended in Cali where I did get to spend 2 days straight dancing Salsa and even took my first Acrobatic Salsa Class! wow que Rico!
Next stop, back to Lima to reunite with Leslie and travel and tour a bit together again onward to Southern Peru this time- Arequipa! Architecturally sweet and charming town and got to play with sweet Roots band: IRIEBAJAH. The veggie restaurants are delish  and city’s architecture was beautiful!  After a long night bus we landed in Cusco!


Though we both got sick, probably due to altitude sickens and we decided to do the tourist thing and visit the expensive journey of visiting Machu Picchu. We brought our instruments to play in the mystical mountains surrounding, however the gate guards absolutely prohibited us from taking our instruments inside! They claimed that it was in the rules book but refused to show us the rule prohibiting musical instruments!
So we were a bit sad but the architecture and history was unreal! So incredible! We passed the day climbing up more rugged paths upwards towards el Puertas del Sol. The doors of the Sun...!
What a sacred place!
Next stop: Lago Titicaca : (Global Vortex) to the Bolivian side in Copacabana! There is one strip that is all restaurants and shops- market and the rest of the town is super primitive and stunningly beautiful. Around 4000meters above sea level trotting along the mountain peaks that have NO SNOW! So surreal and beauty of the lake surrounding was stunning. Wish I could have spent more time there!
Spent a couple days in La Paz and had an impromptu show at a local Reggae Bar where local reggae singer Matamba entertained the dance floor prior. The place was packed with good vibes!
Thereafter (about a week ago) I ventured into Chile!! Straight to Iquique along the coast to grab some sun! After spending almost 3 freezing cold weeks in the mountains I felt like I was back in Canada again ha-ha (due to the lack of clothes and indoor heating). So interesting to be in a town lower than sea level and to be surrounded by desert!
After soaking a couple days in that sweet northern Chilean sun, I decided to check out the infamous: San Pedro de Atacama desert, but had an unfortunate situation happen at Calama bus terminal in between my transfer. I got my small back pack stolen with all my most important things like my computer, money, cards, ID and a lot of my newer song ideas and materials! Que pena...I spent the next 36 hours in san Pedro de Atacama, in complete shock and devastated trying to calm myself enough to meditate on what to do next... Before hitting Santiago a couple days later I came to terms with my loss and I recognized my lighter load both physically and mentally. I have been moving so rapidly across this vastly interesting and beautiful continent, I haven’t had time to absorb everything.  So...I have decided to use this opportunity to chill, be creative, and tame my travels a bit which I’m really excited about!
On Wednesday, we had an amazing show in Santiago de Chile with local singjays NattyBwoy and Balaguero Roots and again the following night opening for a wicked Ska Reggae Dancehall Rock Latin Fusion band! Today I landed in Valparaiso along the west coast and had the opportunity to perform alongside MC Jona (Gondwana) -a night of pure dancing pleasure and was so good to reconnect with some familiar faces at the show!
My plans so far are to kick it and write a tune or 2 on this fabulous beach I have yet to discover( later today...the sun is already rising!) and head to Argentina: Mendoza, Cordoba; Rosario and kick it in Buenos Aires for a week or so maybe try to tango it up a bit,)
ON MARCH 22nd: I will be releasing my new Single and Music Video: "RISING" (a collaboration of 4 producers!) to the world. A song about change and self- empowerment, and staying true.... This song will also appear on the next album TBR this Summer!  Will keep you posted,)
I will be back in the Northern Americas ( mainly Montreal) in May to record some tracks for the new album and hope to see your beautiful but pale faces sooner than later;) ! Un abrazo muy grande!
Con mucho amor y bendiciones
Auresia
--
***Nominated for Favorite World Artist at The 2010 Annual Independent Music
Awards!~
and 4 Awards at the 2009 Canadian Reggae Music Awards *** 









Music at My Space

General Info

  • Genre: Dub / Reggae / Soul
    Location Montreal, Ca
    Profile Views: 224193
    Last Login: 04/02/2012
    Member Since 05/06/2005
    Record Label MoonSplash Records
    Type of Label Indie

FEATURED SONG
  1. Play
  2. Play Next
  3. Add to queue
Album: Auresia
Released: 18 Oct 2008
Label:

No comments: